M.V. Osprey Ltd.
Here are some highlights of M.V. Osprey’s history:
- Founded in 1986 – we began fishing shrimp and groundfish with the M/V Northern Osprey. Landings took place in both Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, Canada.
- In 1992, we built a new groundfish/shrimp trawler – the new M/V Northern Osprey replaced our original vessel.
- In 1996, the M/V Northern Eagle was put into service, solely a shrimp trawler; a full factory freezer trawler, that had the capacity of catching, processing, packaging and freezing shrimp onboard the vessel, ready for market.
- In 2017, the M/V Northern Eagle was replaced by the M/V Northern Osprey III, which was built at the Tersan Shipyard in Turkey.
- All landings take place at our home port of North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- The majority of shrimp product is sold internationally through our marketing company, Sirena A/S, to China, Japan and European markets.